Tuesday 21 January 2014

Style and Beauty Circle


Hi, I'm really excited to be writing my very first blog post, and what better way to kick it off than to talk about the chance we had to do some work for a great organization!

I have been knitting for the past year or so, I'm still in the beginner stages, but I love it.  I knitted my friend a scarf a few months ago and her co-worker loved it- yay! She got in touch with me and asked whether I would be interested in donating a few handmade pieces for a silent auction put on by the Style and Beauty Circle - check out their event page here. They support the Suit Yourself organization that helps women in need find employment and return to the workplace in confidence - check out their page here.

Over the holidays, I had actually been researching some ways to get involved and give back to the community, whether it be by volunteering my time, donating gently-used items, or in various other ways (not really a new years' resolution...but pretty much). This chance to donate to the Style and Beauty Circle silent auction seemed like the best way to start getting involved, and giving back. Ali was interested in donating a few items too - all in all, we were able to donate five headbands and a few bars of our tangerine castile soap. The patterns and recipe are to come!
^ homemade tangerine castile soap ^
^ The headbands we donated ^ 

If your closet is overflowing like mine... think about donating to this great organization that helps women in need. I already have a few bags waiting to be dropped off!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!