Sunday 19 January 2014

Welcome to the peachy pear!


Hi, welcome to the peachy pear! We are a pair of pharmacy students who share a love for cooking, crafting and all things creative. We met in our first year of pharmacy school, and quickly became great friends. After living together for a month, while on a rural practicum, we realized we had a lot more in common than we first thought.




My main passion is cooking. My first memory of cooking was when I was about 8 years old; much to my family's surprise, I made them fresh focaccia bread all on my own. I have to admit my guilty pleasure is cheese. I adore cheese! So don't be surprised if many of my recipes include a variety of cheeses. I have also started to develop a strong interest for watercolour painting, inspired by my mom's love of painting and I'm excited to share my progress with you. I also really enjoy knitting and I'm hoping I will soon learn how to crochet. When it comes to other crafts, I am not as crafty as Mel, but I'm hoping to gain inspiration from her and do more of those projects. -Ali 


I'm really excited to be a part of this blog! I have enjoyed crafting and being creative for as long as I can remember, and the peachy pear will be a great place for me, not only to be creative, but to be inspired, have fun, and share ideas. I also really love food, like looovve food, but I'm not very good at planning ahead. Eating healthy is important to me, but since I don't often plan ahead my meals are usually simple, fast and easy. I look forward to sharing some of those, but I am even more excited to share some cooking and planning skills I learn from Ali. Something else I like to do in the kitchen, is be creative. I love to take a recipe and recreate it, add ingredients, find healthier alternatives and see what I can come up with. Sometimes the results are more of a learning experience than they are appetizing, but I love it none the less! I will be sure to share some of these with you, good and bad! -Mel  


You can contact us at - thepeachypearblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!