Wednesday 26 March 2014

Green Lentil Fritters


A few weeks ago I was trying to find something easy to make for dinner without having to run to the store- it was the end of the week and our fridge was looking pretty bleak. I wanted to make something with lentils and I found an easy recipe for green lentil Ethiopian stew (I will share this recipe another day - I was missing a few herbs so I want to try making it again with all the right ingredients). I had some extra cooked lentils left over and decided to make some quick lentil fritters with them! These are really simple to make, taste great and are really versatile. We ate them with the stew, but they would be great as snack, and even better in a pita with veggies and hummus. They are also vegan and gluten free!

What you need: 
1 cup and 1/4 cup cooked green lentils
1/2 onion
2 cloves or garlic
Spices - whichever ones you like - I used salt and pepper, hot chillies and cumin
Olive or coconut oil

Directions: 
Blend up the 1 cup of green lentils, with the onion and garlic in a blender or food processor, combine blended lentils with 1/4 cup unblended lentils, and spices. Heat oil in pan, form fritters and fry them in oil until golden brown on each side.

Enjoy!
-M

The Ethiopian stew we ate ours with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!