Thursday 27 March 2014

The Green and Beige Salad

This is probably one of the ugliest salads since there is a serious lack of colour as it is completely only beige and green, but do not discount it based on that; it is very healthy and easy to make on days you are in a rush. I love eating this salad as a complete meal for dinner when I am rushing home from school and off to work and it makes great use of any leftover chicken you may have. I used to make this recipe with couscous and to be honest it tasted a lot better with that but to increase the nutritional value I substituted it with quinoa and only use that in the recipe now.

Ingredients:
Romaine Lettuce (around 6 pieces off the stalk or if you have a premix you can use about half of the package)

1/2 of a leftover chicken breast (or if I'm making fresh chicken I like to season it with Jerk Seasoning)
~10 Croutons
Half of a large cucumber slices
1/2 cup of quinoa
1 tbsp olive oil
Lemon Herb Seasoning-I like to use brands with no added salt

Toss this all into a large bowl and eat! Quick, simple and healthy!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!