Wednesday 27 July 2016

Simple Garlic Hummus


I eat hummus daily for lunch. When I get super busy, I have to admit I'm guilty of just buying some from the store, but lately since making homemade hummus more often, if I have to resort back to the store bought one, I am miserable at lunch and feel nauseated from how gross it tastes in comparison.
This is my simple garlic hummus recipe that I have been using this summer that last me the entire work week. I like to eat it with crackers, or some days just dip some cucumbers and carrots in.

Recipe:

19 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1-2 cloves of garlic (depending on how garlicky you want your breath at work. Maybe you want to keep annoying patients or clients away ;))
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp tahini
1/2-1 tsp salt
The juice from one lemon
Lemon zest
2 tbsp water
1/2 tsp paprika

Steps:
1. Stick it all in a food processor or blender until its smooth and enjoy!

Simple!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!